This year we made quite a bit an effort to get the reports from the EGF board in time with the help of our new man in charge of business development Flavien Aubelle. He put together a nice presentation which led to the assembly having good information on what was being talked about.
Let me list some of the important decisions and presentations of the meeting:
- Nicole de Beer and Jan Rüten-Budde assumed the position of the auditors and the discharge of the board was this year given not only for 2018 but also for 2017 which didn't happen last year as there was some confusion with the presentation of the accounting.
- There were two proposals about ratings: one to increase it, and another to make some improvements which would help to manage a more broad rating system. Toby Manning offered to convene a rating system commission for this purpose. Sadly Aldo Podavini stepped down from managing the European Go Database. He did an amazing job for the last 10 years, a big thank you for all the work he has done, it was excellent! If you are interested in taking his job over please don't hesitate to contact us, we look for someone ready to do this, let's say maybe not for 10 years, but for at least 5 years.
- Xiaocheng-Stephen Hu and Sebastian Berghoff gave a presentation on the success of the streaming on the europeangofederation channel on twitch. It has more than 6000 followers, 6 million views and about 70 years of total viewing time.
- Registration for the next congress 2020 in Kamyanets-Podilskyi, Ukraine is open: egc2020.org.ua.
- We are still looking for a host for the 2021 congress. If you know someone motivated to organize this please let us know email@example.com.
You can find the 2019 minutes online here.