To set up a secure voting we've got help of the french company LENI with the platform youslide.io with which we could easily and securely manage all of the votes which had to be carried out.
Below I list some of the highlights of this meeting:
- Presentation of the selling process of the European Go Cultural Center (EGCC)
- Hand over of the European Go Database (EGD) and the rating commission which will implement some changes to it, like moving the rating floor to 30 Kyu, changing rating parameters to cope with the ongoing deflation, and additional to the upward reset there will be a downward reset.
- There was a longer discussion on how much funds the european pros get from the EGF.
- The executive board couldn't present a budget for 2020 and 2021 as the event calendar was so shaken up by the COVID-19 pandemic - many events cancelled or postponed to 2021
- The EGF Academy is running a succesful program for many talented young players from all over Europe.
- A lengthy discussion ensued after some of the smaller countries weren't admitted to vote because they couldn't pay the full membership fees.
- Finally it was decided to hold a Extraordinary General Meeting in December to vote on the budget for 2021 and hopefully also find a new membership fee system for which a call for proposals has been made.