The 57th European Go Congress
27.07.2013-11.08.2013, Olsztyn, Poland
The 57th European Go Congress was hosted by the Polish Go Association
in the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn.
After seven rounds top 8 European players were selected for knockout stage
(Alexandr Dinerchtein and Andrii Karvetz lost relegation games to Artem Kachanovskyi and Dusan Mitic).
- Fan Hui beat Dusan Mitic
- Mateusz Surma beat Antti Tormanen
- Thomas Debarre beat Artem Kachanovskyi
- Pavol Lisy beat Ilja Shikshin
- Pavol Lisy beat Thomas Debarre
- Fan Hui beat Mateusz Surma
Fan Hui beat Pavol Lisy to become European Champion for the first time.
European Open Places
Fan Hui, 7d France, was unbeaten after 10 rounds to also be European Open Champion.
- Fan Hui, 7d France, 10 wins
- Antti Tormanen, 6d Finland, 8 wins
- Pavol Lisy, 6d Slovakia, 7 wins
- Mateusz Surma, 6d Poland, 7 wins
- Ali Jabarin, 6d Israel, 7 wins
- Ondrej Silt, 6d Czechia, 8 wins
594 players took part.
- Ilja Shikshin, 7d Russia, 5 wins
- Fan Hui, 7d France, 4 wins
- Ali Jabarin, 6d Israel, 4 wins
- Cornel Burzo, 6d Romania, 3 wins
- Alexandr Dinerchtein, 7d Russia, 3 wins
378 players took part.
- Cornel Burzo, 6d Romania, 8 wins
- Mateusz Surma, 6d Poland, 8 wins
- Andrii Karvetz, 6d Ukraine, 6 wins
276 players took part.
Open winners Hajin Lee and Cezary Czernecki
Handicap winners Dita Vasova / Lukas Podpera
- Ilja Shikshin
- Radim Janos
- Andrii Kravits
- Marina Popova
- Niels Schomberg
- Ilja Shikshin
- Ondrej Silt
- Vashurov Alexandr
- Habu, Mos, Rzepnikowski
- Lin, Tarumi, Stauder
- Wampiry: Mateusz Surma, Stanislaw Frejlak, Marcin Majka (PL)
- Bogoss: Benjamin Drean-Guenaizia, Pierre Paga, Cesar Lextrait (FR)
- Stanislaw Frejlak
- Gabor Aibrecht