The 60th European Go Congress
23.07.2016-06.08.2016, St Petersburg, Russia
The 60th European Go Congress was hosted by the Russian Go Federation in the Hotel Azimut in St Petersburg, Russia
24 top European players took part. After four rounds 8 were selected for the knockout stage.
Final positions split by SOS (positions 1-2 by 1 point) and SODOS (positions 2-3 and 3-4 by 2 points each).
- Kim Young-Sam, 7d Korea, 8 wins
- Ilja Shikshin, 1p Russia, 8 wins
- Chan Yitien, 7d Taiwan, 8 wins
- Ali Jabarin, 1p Israel, 8 wins
- Mateusz Surma, 1p, 7 wins
- Zhang QiuMeng, 7d, 7 wins
- Pavol Lisy, 1p, 7 wins
- Lee Kibong, 6 wins
- Cristian Pop, 6 wins
- Kim Do-Hyup, 6 wins
601 players took part.
- Kim Young-Sam, 7d Korea, 5 wins
- Pavol Lisy, 1p Slovakia, 4 wins
- Andrii Kravets, 6d Ukraine, 4 wins
- Lee Ki-Bong, 7d Korea, 4 wins
- Kim Do-Hyup, 7d Korea, 4 wins
458 players took part.
- Chan Yi-Tien, 7d Taiwan, 8 wins
- Kim Do-Hyup, 7d Korea, 7 wins
- Pavol Lisy, 1p Slovakia, 6 wins
306 players took part.
1. Manja Marz 4d / Kim Young-Sam 7d
2. Yang Yi 2d / Zhang Qinmeng 7d
3= Natalia Kovaleva 5d / Oleg Mezhov 6d
3= Lin Yuan 4d / Yu Changmin 5d
1. Sofia Vdovenko / Askar Khusainov
2. Amelia Vdovenko / Aleksandr Starykh
3= Daria Lesnjakova / Igor Nemlij
3= Diana Khabibullina / Artur Gimadiev
130 players played five-round Swiss - top four players won 5 games each - then 24 player knock-out.
- Ilja Shikshin, 1p
- Kim Do-Hyup, 7d
- Alexander Dinerchtein, 3p
- Christain Pop, 7d
Group stage, followed by knockout. 122 players.
- Li Zhe, 6p
- Chan Yi-Tien, 7d
- Ilja Shikshin, 1p
Games were played with handicap (less 2). 42 players.
- Mikhail Podbolotov, 9k, 6 wins
- Ruslan Tarasov, 6k, 5 wins
- Bohdan Kovalchuk, 16k, 5 wins
Swiss system. 24 players.
- Yang Qihan, 5d China, 6 wins
- Artem Khudoleev, 3d Russia, 5 wins
- Andjey Khafizov, 3k Russia, 4 wins
Swiss tournament, handicap less 2. 48 players.
- Liu Yuan,4d China, 6 wins
- Manja Marz, 3d Germany, 5 wins
- Kim Soon-Deuk, 3d Korea, 5 wins
4-player teams (plus reserve player). 15 teams.
- Freddas Prodigies: Ali Jabarin, Pavol Lisy, Fredrik Blomback, Dusan Mitic, Zhao Hui Li
- Starrise: Anton Chernykh, Vjacheslav Kaimin, Stepan Popov, Kim Shakhov, Artem Khudoleev
- My Mama Killed Go in Poland: Mateusz Surma, Stanislaw Frejlak, Majka Marcin, Filip Tokarski
40 teams of 3.
- Wu 7d / Zhang 7d / Lee 2d, 5 wins
- Li 6p / Yon 4d / Liay 4d, 4 wins
- Beta Go: Lee 7d / Kim 7d / Kim 7d, 4 wins
16 groups, followed by group knockout and finals.
- Kim Young-Sam
- Nikita Khabazov
- Cristian Pop
- Denis Tarkov
- Sergej Trjapsha
- Igor Nemlij